I am a PhD student at the University of Vienna where my advisor is Christian Krattenthaler. As such I am a member of the combinatorics group and the Vienna School of Mathematics. Before coming to Vienna I did my undergraduate and MPhil at the University of Queensland where my advisor was Ole Warnaar.
My research interests (at this stage) lie in special functions and combinatorics.
Email: seamus.albion at univie.ac.at
Papers and preprints
- S. P. Albion, E. M. Rains and S. O. Warnaar, Elliptic An Selberg integrals (in preparation)
- S. P. Albion, Proof of some Littlewood identities conjectured by Lee, Rains and Warnaar arXiv:2108.12766 (pdf 14/12/2021) (more up-to-date than the arXiv), submitted.
- S. P. Albion, E. M. Rains and S. O. Warnaar, AFLT-type Selberg integrals, (pdf 26/10/2021), arXiv:2001.05637, Communications in Mathematical Physics 388 (2021), 735–791.
Also see this list on the arXiv.
- MPhil thesis: Selberg integrals of Alba–Fateev–Litvinov–Tarnopolsky type (pdf 24/09/2020)
- 2-core Littlewood identities: JMM 2022 AMS Special Session on Early Career Number Theory Research with Combinatorics, Modular Forms, and Basic Hypergeometric Series, April 9th, 2022
- 2-core Littlewood identities: Séminaire Lotharingien de Combinatoire 87, Domaine de la Barollière, Saint-Paul-en-Jarez, France April 5th, 2022
- Elliptic An Selberg integrals: SFB Statusseminar, December 1st, 2021
- 2-core Littlewood identities: SFB meeting, JKU Linz, August 9th, 2021 (slides)
- Selberg integrals and symmetric functions: Arbeitsgemeinschaft Discrete Mathematik, TU Wien & Universität Wien, June 29th, 2021 (notes)
- What is a honeycomb?: MathWiSe seminar, October 9th, 2020 (website)
- What is Dyson's contribution to q-series?: MathWiSe seminar, July 9th, 2020 (website)
- Selberg integrals and the AGT conjecture: AustMS 2019 Mathematical Physics session, December 2019 (Monash) (slides)
- AFLT-type Selberg integrals: UQ Pure Mathematics Seminar, November 2019.
- Selberg integrals and symmetric functions: Talk at AEC Sommerschool 2019 (slides).
- U-turn alternating sign matrices: Quantum Field Theory seminar (UQ) (notes)
- The Selberg integral and Macdonald polynomials: AustMS 2018 Representation theory session, Adelaide 2018. I also gave talk for the UQ Pure Mathematics seminar (March 2019). (slides)
- From symmetric functions to hypergeometric integrals: AustMS student conference, December 2018 (UniSA) (slides)
- Kazhdan–Lusztig theory: Quantum Field Theory seminar (UQ) (October 2018)
- Generalised Selberg integrals and Macdonald polynomials: This was my honours presentation. I also gave an abridged version of this talk at the AMSI Winter School. (May/July 2018) (slides)
- The Littlewood–Richardson rule: Quantum Field Theory seminar (UQ) (May 2018)
- Hypergeometry, Integrability, and Lie Theory (online, website) 7th – 11th December, 2020
- New connections in integrable systems (online, website) September 29th – October 2nd, 2020
- Australian Mathematical Society annual conference (Monash, Melbourne) 3rd-6th December, 2019
- Algorithmic and Enumerative Combinatorics Sommerschool 2019 (Hagenberg, Austria) 29th July-2nd August, 2019
- 15th Symposium on Orthogonal Polynomials, Special Functions, and Applications (Hagenberg, Austria), 22nd-26th July, 2019
- Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics 2019 (Ljubljana, Slovenia) 1st-5th July, 2019
- Australian Mathematical Society annual conference (Adelaide) 4th-7th December, 2018
- Australian Mathematical Society student conference (Adelaide) 28th-30th November, 2018
- Rainsfest (UQ): A one-day workshop celebrating Eric Rains' birthday (website).
- Quantum Field Theory Seminar (UQ): Participant and speaker 2017-2019
- AMSI Winter School 2018 (UQ): The theme was curvature, and included short courses on conformal geometry, heat flow, and more.
- AMSI Summer School 2018 (Monash): Courses in low-dimensional topology and mathematical relativity
TeachingAt UQ I was a teaching assistant/tutor for several undergradute course including MATH2302 (Discrete Mathematics II) and MATH3303 (Algebra).
When I'm not doing mathematics I'm usually thinking about music.
I used to play clarinet in the UQ Symphony Orchestra. For a list of works I performed with them click here.